En Masse: An Assemblage Showcase
We invite you to contribute to our exhibit “En Masse; An Assemblage Showcase” at the Confluence Gallery in Twisp, WA. The show will open on April 13th, 2019 through May 25th, 2019.
In this exhibit, we are looking for 3-Dimensional and 2-Dimensional assembled works. The dictionary defines assemblage as: “a work of art made by grouping found or unrelated objects.” as well as “a collection or gathering of things…” We are hoping for artists to express themselves on any subject matter by using a collection of parts and pieces in the work. The parts may be disguised or outright overt, but each work of art must be made by assembling parts together to make a whole.
Number of pieces to submit: 1 – 3 pieces (no more than 3).
Here are the Rules
Each piece must be…
- Your own original work.
- Available for sale.
- Created in the last 3 years.
- Never previously been shown in the Methow Valley area.
- Any size.
- Any medium including 3D works.
- Provide a general list of materials used in your finished work(s)
- Ready for hanging with appropriate hardware/wire secured to work.Wire is preferred. Artworks without hanging hardware will not be hung.
- Follows the assemblage criteria in the above description.
The Curator has the right to refuse work, even after work is delivered to the gallery, if it does not contribute to the direction, cohesiveness, or available space of the show. We are looking for high quality professional execution and thoughtful content that contribute to the vision of the show as stated above.
- Email Intent to Submit Form [PDF] by January 13, 2019 (email to firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Email jpegs of actual work or work in progress by March 3, 2019 (must be 300 dpi for promo materials).
- Include samples of work or website link in email when responding to Call.(Word doc preferred).
- Artist Statement, Bio and Materials list by April 6 (email to Rose or send printed copy with work).
- Please include a general list of materials with your Artist Statement and Bio.
- Completed works, Inventory Sheet and Confluence Gallery Contract by April 6
- Show Opening April 13th, 5pm – 7pm. All artists are encouraged to attend.
- Show closes May 25. Work will be available for pick up after 3pm.
Confluence Gallery and Art Center is a non-profit gallery. All shipping arrangements and costs to and from the gallery of unsold works are each artist’s responsibility. See Confluence Gallery Shipping Procedures Form [PDF] for details.
For questions, email Rose Weagant ( email@example.com) or call the Confluence Gallery (509) 997-2787 if you have any questions about the show or the requirements. We are looking forward to hearing from you.
FAQ:More about our Confluence Submission Guidelines
Please call Gallery Manager Rose Weagant at the Confluence Gallery (509) 997-2787 if you have any questions about the show or the requirements.
We look forward to hearing from you!