We invite you to contribute to our exhibit WEATHERING CHANGE at Confluence Gallery in Twisp, WA.
The show will open January 12, 2019, and run through February 23, 2019.
After another summer of heat, smoke, fire, drought, and stress we can’t pretend that we are not in a time of change. Big change. We no longer are talking about things to worry about in the future but now talking about how we adapt to this future. How do we weather these changes.
“People love the landscape and it’s a place of solace, so when that landscape changes their sense of identity and connection also shifts. It reorders our sense of place in the world.” A. Cunsolo
We would ask artists to think about how to express in their art their feelings about the changes they are experiencing. How do we as artists offer support through our art of the necessity of adaptation. How do we adapt to our burned environment? Of living with smoke for 4 months? Or how do we find hope and beauty in a destroyed environment? Is the world we see forming a dystopia? Or are there areas where beauty lives on.
Number of pieces to submit: 3
Each piece must be…
- Your own original work.
- Available for sale.
- Created in the last 3 years.
- Never previously been shown in the Methow Valley area.
- Any Size.
- 2D work must be ready for hanging with appropriate hardware/wire secured to work (artwork without hanging hardware will not be hung).
- Video installation also accepted.
The Exhibit Coordinator has the right to refuse work, even after work is delivered to the gallery, if it does not contribute to the direction, cohesiveness, available space of the show, or does not follow the parameters set forth above. We are looking for high quality execution and thoughtful content that contribute to the vision of the show as stated above.
- Email Intent to Submit Form [PDF] and jpegs of work and/or website by November 12, 2018 (email to email@example.com).
- Email jpegs of actual work or work in progress by October 17, 2018 (must be 300 dpi for promo materials).
- Artist Statement and Bio by December 12, 2018 (Word doc preferred).
- Completed works, Inventory Sheet and Confluence Gallery Contract by January 5, 2018.
- Show Opening is January 12, 2019, 5pm – 7pm. All artists are encouraged to attend.
- Show Closes February 23, 2019. Work will be available for pick up after 3 p.m.
Confluence Gallery and Art Center is a non-profit gallery. All shipping arrangements and costs to and from the gallery of unsold works are each artist’s responsibility. See Confluence Gallery Shipping Procedures Form [PDF] for details.
For questions, email Rose Weagant ( firstname.lastname@example.org) or call the Confluence Gallery (509) 997-2787 if you have any questions about the show or the requirements. We are looking forward to hearing from you.
Confluence Gallery offers commission structure of 60/40 to non‐members and 65/35 to member artists.
FAQ:More about our Confluence Submission Guidelines
Please call Gallery Manager Rose Weagant at the Confluence Gallery (509) 997-2787 if you have any questions about the show or the requirements.
We look forward to hearing from you!