DIG IT: A Garden Show
We invite you to contribute to our exhibit “DIG IT: A Garden Show” at the Confluence Gallery in Twisp, WA. The show will open on June 1, 2019 through July 6, 2019.
Artists, join us for a fun exhibit on gardening opening in June. This topic covers a broad range of visions based on what a garden is to you. The majority of gardens grow plants of vegetables, herbs, fruit, and flowers. Gardens around the world often incorporate animals. Whereas in mountainous regions there are gardens of wildflowers. Landscape gardens sometimes feature “wet” gardens, sometimes “dry” gardens and often showcase various styles of three dimensional art to enhance the experience of just being present. However you might interpret this concept, we all find comfort and wonder in the solitude of a garden.
Number of pieces to submit: 1 – 3 pieces (no more than 3).
Here are the Rules
Each piece must be…
- Your own original work.
- Available for sale.
- Created in the last 3 years.
- Never previously been shown in the Methow Valley area.
- Any size.
- Any medium including 3D works.
- Provide a general list of materials used in your finished work(s)
- Ready for hanging with appropriate hardware/wire secured to work.Wire is preferred. Artworks without hanging hardware will not be hung.
- Follows the assemblage criteria in the above description.
The Curator has the right to refuse work, even after work is delivered to the gallery, if it does not contribute to the direction, cohesiveness, or available space of the show. We are looking for high quality professional execution and thoughtful content that contribute to the vision of the show as stated above.
- Email Intent to Submit[PDF] by March 1, 2019 (email to firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Email jpegs of actual work or work in progress by March 3, 2019 (must be 300 dpi for promo materials).
- Include samples of work or website link in email when responding to Call.(Word doc preferred).
- Artist Statement, Bio and Materials list by May 1 (email to Rose or send printed copy with work).
- Please include a general list of materials with your Artist Statement and Bio.
- Completed works, Inventory Sheet and Confluence Gallery Contract by May 15
- Show Opening June 1st, 3pm – 5pm. All artists are encouraged to attend.
- Show closes July 6th. Work will be available for pick up after 3pm.
Confluence Gallery and Art Center is a non-profit gallery. All shipping arrangements and costs to and from the gallery of unsold works are each artist’s responsibility. See Confluence Gallery Shipping Procedures Form [PDF] for details.
For questions, email Rose Weagant ( email@example.com) or call the Confluence Gallery (509) 997-2787 if you have any questions about the show or the requirements. We are looking forward to hearing from you.
FAQ: More about our Confluence Submission Guidelines
Please call Gallery Manager Rose Weagant at the Confluence Gallery (509) 997-2787 if you have any questions about the show or the requirements.
We look forward to hearing from you!