We invite you to contribute to our exhibit Cabin Couture Holiday Gift Show at Confluence Gallery in Twisp, WA.
The show will open November 17, 2018 and run through January 5, 2019.
Think of an imaginary cabin in your mind and how you would like to live in it making clever use of everyday items. This might include three dimensional objects made anew from vintage finds, interior and exterior furniture reimagined for cabin living, iron works, hand-made quilts for the bed and other textiles, woven rugs and throws, hand-carved bowls and utensils for the kitchen, ceramics, rustic garden features, artful birdhouses, and art for the sake of artful expression in any medium.
Large and small paintings of two dimensional works are acceptable without specification of size.
Accepted artworks in this annual gift show will offer viewers a look into how you, as the artist, might make selections for your living environment within a smaller footprint.
Number of pieces to submit for jurying:
* May provide up to 12 items depending on size, retail priced at approximately $75.00 ea. or under.
* Larger works, such as, paintings or free-standing sculpture, should be limited to 1 to 4 pieces.
Each piece must be…
- Your own original work.
- Available for sale.
- Created in the last 3 years.
- Never previously been shown in the Methow Valley area.
- Any Size.
- 2D work must be ready for hanging with appropriate hardware/wire secured to work (artwork without hanging hardware will not be hung).
The Exhibit Coordinator has the right to refuse work, even after work is delivered to the gallery, if it does not contribute to the direction, cohesiveness, available space of the show, or does not follow the parameters set forth above. We are looking for high quality execution and thoughtful content that contribute to the vision of the show as stated above.
- Email Intent to Submit Form [PDF] and jpegs of work and/or website by August 17, 2018 (email to email@example.com).
- Email jpegs of actual work or work in progress by October 17, 2018 (must be 300 dpi for promo materials).
- Artist Statement and Bio by November 10, 2018 (Word doc preferred).
- Completed works, Inventory Sheet and Confluence Gallery Contract by Novemeber 10, 2018.
- Show Opening is November 17, 2018, 4 p.m. – 8 p.m. All artists are encouraged to attend.
- Show Closes January 5, 2019. Work will be available for pick up after 3 p.m.
Confluence Gallery and Art Center is a non-profit gallery. All shipping arrangements and costs to and from the gallery of unsold works are each artist’s responsibility. See Confluence Gallery Shipping Procedures Form [PDF] for details.
Please email Exhibit Coordinator Theresa Miller firstname.lastname@example.org, or call Executive Director Salyna Gracie at the Confluence Gallery (509) 997-2787 if you have any questions about the show or the requirements. We are looking forward to hearing from you and thank you for considering your artwork for this exhibit.
Confluence Gallery offers commission structure of 60/40 to non‐members and 65/35 to member artists.
FAQ:More about our Confluence Submission Guidelines
Please call Executive Director Sarah Jo Lightner at the Confluence Gallery (509) 997-2787 if you have any questions about the show or the requirements.
We look forward to hearing from you!