Reflections on Water
We invite you to contribute to our exhibit Reflections on Water at Confluence Gallery in Twisp, WA.
The show will open August 18,2018, and run through September 22, 2018.
This exhibit is about the essential nature of clean, fresh water in streams, rivers, lakes or in a glass. Oceans of water. The power of water in its many forms. The play of light and shadow, reflected surroundings, swirling, rippling or still – such wonderful colors and textures. Many Americans have taken safe water for granted. Laws that protect water, lakes, streams and the ocean are weakening in favor of corporate exploitation sold as jobs – what good is a job if there is not clean water for all? Water means life and water is sacred – what can be more important to the well being of all life. Use your creative power in gratitude of water and celebrate its life giving force, its beauty, its power and if it feels right to you – the politics of water.
Number of pieces to submit: 3
Each piece must be…
- Your own original work.
- Available for sale.
- Created in the last 3 years.
- Any Size.
- Never previously been shown in the Methow Valley area.
- 3-D artists – Water is carried in vessels and vessels are used to travel over water
- 2D work must be ready for hanging with appropriate hardware/wire secured to work (artwork without hanging hardware will not be hung).
The Exhibit Curator has the right to refuse work, even after work is delivered to the gallery, if it does not contribute to the direction, cohesiveness, available space of the show, or does not follow the parameters set forth above. We are looking for high quality execution and thoughtful content that contribute to the vision of the show as stated above.
- Intent to Submit:June 18, 2018 Intent to Submit Form [PDF] Send JPEGs titled “lastname_title_medium_size” By June 18, 2018 (email to gallery administrator email@example.com).
- Accepted work: Email high quality JPEGS (300dpi) of accepted work or work in progress along with Artist Statement and Bio(word doc preferred, pdf OK), Inventory Sheet, and Confluence Gallery Contract by July 7, 2018. Completed works due by August 10, 2018.
- Show Opening: August 18, 5pm – 8pm. All artists are encouraged to attend.
- Show Closes: September 22. Work will be available for pick up after 3pm.
Confluence Gallery and Art Center is a non-profit gallery. All shipping arrangements and costs to and from the gallery of unsold works are each artist’s responsibility. See Confluence Gallery Shipping Procedures Form [PDF] for details.
For questions, email Rose Weagant Olcott ( firstname.lastname@example.org) or call Executive Director Sarah Jo Lightner at the Confluence Gallery (509) 997-2787 if you have any questions about the show or the requirements. We are looking forward to hearing from you.
Confluence Gallery offers commission structure of 60/40 to non‐members and 65/35 to member artists.
FAQ:More about our Confluence Submission Guidelines
We look forward to hearing from you!
Jennifer Molesworth, Exhibit Curator